5.22.2014

First Painting


I came across Crayola's My First watercolor set while I was on one of those, "Oh I'll just pop into Target for bread runs." You know, those Target visits where you end up leaving with a cart full of things you never intending on getting, but couldn't resist buying. Oh Target, you get me every time!

The set came with special paper that is color activated by water and a neat easy grip brush for little hands. It's labeled for 24 months, but I thought I'd give it a try. I figured if it was too advanced, we could just save it for later. Props to Crayola for making it non-toxic and mess free!







I think Maddie's first painting was pretty successful. Don't get me wrong, she tried more than once to eat the paintbrush...but really, thats only to be expected, right? She loved seeing the outcome of her work, and I love seeing her beam with pride. 

*Art tip: Invest in a roll of painters tape to secure any paper you use for art projects. You'll be able to neatly peel off the tape from the paper without damaging the precious art work your babe just made!

When did you first let your babe try their hand at painting?




No comments:

Post a Comment